Surrounded by the great outdoors, those looking for adrenalin-charged adventures will never run out of things to do in Lake Wanaka. Voted best new adventure hub 2012 by Outside magazine, you'd be mad to miss it!
If you would like our i-SITE Visitor Centre to help you plan or book these activities just contact them on the GET HELP live chat at the bottom of the page or email them.
- Take a jet boat trip down the Makarora, Matukituki or Clutha Rivers and combine it with a flight for a stunning combo
- Deep Canyon in the Matukituki Valley (full day trip)
- Cinema Paradiso for a movie and the home made cookies and ice cream at intermission
- Straight into the adrenalin rush – try a 12,000 or 15,000’ skydive with Skydive Lake Wanaka, an award winning company and scenery to match. Share your DVD and photos with friends.
- Take an acrobatic plane ride
- Try lunch at one of our great cafes
- Or at the Luggate Hotel after having some fun at the Have a Shot
- Heli bike down New Zealand's highest track
- Go white water sledging with Frogz Have More Fun and see if they really do...
- Grab some mates and have a go at Paintball
- Have a Shot for a blast
- Try the local brew at Wanaka Beerworks
- Try the 3D cinema, climbing or a meal at Lonestar