Visit the historic ruins of the Lindis Pass Hotel. The hotel provided almost continuous service of some kind for over seventy years, ending its days as a residence in 1951. Camping is permitted.
From SH8, drive 6kms along Old Faithful Road to reach the reserve, which includes the remarkable stone ruins of the Lindis Pass Hotel. Originally the site of the general store for Otagos first gold rush in 1861, the building had become permanent by 1873.
Ardmore Street, Wanaka, New Zealand