Highlights along the way:
Wānaka to Wanaka airport - 10 minutes, 10 km
- Grab a coffee at one of the many cafes in Wānaka before setting off for the day
- Getting lost in the maze at Puzzling World
- The 360 degree views from the top of Mt Iron walk
Wanaka Airport to Luggate - 3 minutes, 4 km
- Experience the nostalgia - tiger moth flights, Toy and Transport museum, and Warbirds and Wheels attraction.
- Warbirds Over Wanaka is the 4th largest air show in the world
- Try the locally produced beer at Wanaka Beerworks
Luggate to Lake Hāwea - 22 minutes, 22 km
- Try locally produced food & beverage - Beerworks, Nanny Goat Vineyard and the Luggate Hotel
- The Luggate Hotel has an old world charm and great food
- Nanny Goat Vineyard well worth stopping at.
- Take the short walk to “the Nook” on Clutha River – an interesting geological feature.
- Cross the historic Red Bridge and view the Clutha River - the largest river in NZ by volume
Lake Hāwea to Wānaka - 15 minutes, 16km