- QLDC - isn’t giving approvals for remote controlled aircraft (including drones) to fly over any parks, reserves and roads at present, unless it is for a Commercial Film permit and the operator is certificated under Rule 102 of the Civil Aviation Act.
- Department of Conservation - you must have a concession from DOC to fly a drone (of any size) on public conservation land (including National Parks) for any reason, including private and non-commercial use.
- Private property - You must not fly your aircraft over any property unless prior consent has been obtained from any persons occupying that property or the property owner
- Around airports and aerodromes - you must get an agreement from the aerodrome operator before flying your unmanned aircraft within 4 km of their aerodrome - see map
- Over people - you must not fly over people unless you have their consent
- Controlled airspace - there are a number of areas in New Zealand that are restricted or controlled airspace where you must get permission to fly. See the map here
Check out the Fly Your Drone NZ website for some great information